Are you reading the food labels? The imported food we eat and the junk we buy, is the REAL EYE OPENER
- ‘Green Giant’ frozen vegetables are from China and so are most of ‘Europe’s Best’.
- ‘Arctic Gardens’ are OK.
- Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or ‘Canada’, Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here.
- If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware…if fresh produce, isn’t clearly marked beware…if fresh produce, ask an employee.
- Watch out for packages which state “prepared for”, “packed by” or “imported by”.
- Don’t understand the lack of mandatory labeling? Go to the local farmers markets in season but even ask vendors if it is actually local.
- How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper — than having it produced in Canada or at least the U.S.?
- FOR EXAMPLE THE “OUR FAMILY” BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN FROM CHINA … SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS BUY THE ‘LIBERTY GOLD BRAND’ OR ‘DOLE’ which is from California.
- LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT AND THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.
- Recently a Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Gov’t how Chinese feed the fish… they suspend the chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken shit.
- The Canadian Government recommended and stressed NOT to buy any type of fish imported from China.
- If you search the internet what the chinese feed their fish you’ll be alarmed, eg. growth hormones, expired antibiotics from humans, and never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries… Vietnam , China , Philippines.
- Canned Mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia. Next to them were President Choice brand. Produce of Canada!
- Check those little fruit cups we used to give our children. They use to be made here in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago….Now packaged in China.
While the Chinese, export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands and criticizes the Obama Administration and the Harper Government for perceived errors.
Yet 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended!
Well, duh. Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?
SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF Citizens of CANADA and the US!!
Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy. If it says ‘Made in China ‘ or ‘PRC’ (Product of Republic of China) – and that now includes Hong Kong, simply choose another product; or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.
- Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some North American farmer. Easter is just an example; the point is not waiting for the government to act.. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.
- Never buy Chocolate either – unless you are very careful to check out where it comes from. There are good treats that are healthy and local!
- Canadian Thermos bottles were made here for many years. Thermos sold out in the 1990’s and those that keep our food warm or cold, are now made in CHINA. Canada lost 200 jobs right there.
THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that’s a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor…fast!!
The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.
Just one month of trading losses, will hit the Chinese for 8%, of their North American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.
Please START NOW in any small or large way that you can…..and don’t stop.