Buttermilk Pie Recipe
This is Lanita Franklin’s favorite buttermilk pie recipe
Found this recipe on Yesterday’s Cafe website.
Yesterday’s Cafe.. Melissa was writing about this wonderful pie.
Here’s the recipe…I’ll have to try it out. It actually reminds me of a custard pie.
– 1 3/4 cups sugar
– 1/4 cup flour
– 1 tablespoon vanilla
– 3 eggs, beaten
– 1/3 cup melted butter
– 3/4 cup buttermilk
– Unbaked nine-inch (23-centimeter) pie shell
1. Combine sugar and flour and whisk until flour is completely mixed into the sugar. Add vanilla and whisk until evenly mixed in with sugar and flour.
2. Beat the eggs well, then add them. Whisk well. Whisk in the melted butter and then add buttermilk and whip well before pouring into the unbaked pie shell.
3. Bake in a commercial convection oven for 45 minutes at about 350 F (170 C). (The temperature could be as low as 325 F (160 C) or as high as 400 F (200 C), depending on your oven.) Shake the pie a little to make sure it is not undercooked. It should barely shake in the middle. Crust should be golden brown and slightly flaky.
4. When you cut the pie, make sure you do not have a separation with a cakey layer near the top. The pie should have a custard consistency throughout. Buttermilk pies should be refrigerated after cooling, but remain fresh-tasting for at least a week.