Pie making classes with Sedona Pies. Just got my magazine “Specialty Food,” they did a big write up about how we shop and what we buy.
- Artisanal: Often handcrafted, made in small batches and with Hight quality ingredients and techniques.
- All-Natural: Free of artificial colors, flavors sweeteners or preservatives.
- Ethical: Produced with the welfa re of animals
- Eco-friendly: made with recycled or minimum packaging
- Locally resourced: Made with ingredients fewer from 200 miles from where the food is sold. ( as much as possible)
- Organic: Meeting USDA National Organic Program specifications, free of pesticides.
- Sustainable: Made from ingredients and or packaging that does not harm living creatures or the environment.
Percentage of purchases spent on speciality foods:
29% locally sourced
23% Eco friendly
19% Fair Trade
These percentages were taken from consumers who buy Speciality Foods. Also just because you make more money doesn’t mean you do.
Starting on November 5, I will be offering some Pie Making classes, a max of 4 students per class. Where you will be making your own pie to take home with you. It’s a four hour class, where you will learn my secrets in making a fabulous pie crust and how to make a pie. We’ll be using one of my pie recipes – thinking of a Pumpkin or Sweet Potato Pie. Just in time for Thanksgiving. All the ingredients are supplied. Snacks included.
All you would have to supply is:
- An apron,
- Bring your fun personality.
Sounds like a fun adventure doesn’t it?
Perhaps you want to gather your girlfriends together for a fun afternoon or you just want to surprise your partner. Come meet some new people and have fun!
November 5, 2016 Saturday
Time: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Fee: $175 / group of 4
November 11, 2016 Friday
Time: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Fee: $175/ group of 4
A Gluten Free Class
*THE FINE PRINT
Due to the unique preparations entailed for workshops, there are no refunds or exchanges for any reason. If within 48 hours of your scheduled workshop, you find you are unable to attend, please let me know and send someone in your place. That time is booked and reserved for you and I cannot recoup lost time or ingredients prepared for your workshop. Gift certificates are valid for the length of time stated on them and are not redeemable for cash.