Food Resources for Food Lovers, what news for resources do you use or read? Thought, I would share my favorites. Love to hear from you what yours are.
Let’s start with A Berry and Cookie Trifle
from California Giant Berry Farms,
By choosing berries from California Giant Berry Farms, you can be confident that your purchase is benefiting pollinators and grower partners, like ours, that protect them. Our dedication to bee-ing leaders in sustainability led us to Bee Better, an initiative by the Xerces Society, dedicated to protecting and enriching pollinator environments.
California Giant Berry Farms, P.O. Box 1359, Watsonville, CA 95077, USA
And of course they have some wonderful recipes I do share with my readers.
This berry and cookie trifle packs layers of fruit, dairy-free yogurt and cookies into one amazing treat.
- 2 cups vanilla coconut yogurt, divided
- 2 cups mix of California Giant Blackberries, Raspberries and Blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 & 1/2 cups of cookies, crushed – You can use chocolate chip cookies
- To make the jam layer, add the berries, vanilla, orange zest, chia seeds and a dash of water into a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Mash the fruit as it simmers, but leave a few pieces whole for the texture. Allow the mixture to thicken and reduce down. Set aside to cool.
- Once the jam mixture has cooled, take a glass and layer in all the ingredients. Start by layering in a handful of the jam, a layer of crushed cookies, then the coconut yogurt, and repeat until you’ve run out of ingredients. Store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat!
NOSH covers the world of entrepreneurial packaged food companies and services that are expanding rapidly due to interest in Natural, Organic, Sustainable and Healthy (NOSH) products and businesses. NOSH aims to become the leading source of informed, comprehensive coverage and context in regard to this growing community of businesses and the larger trends affecting it, both internally and externally.
I enjoy the NOSH food in Grocery Outlet, sometimes you can find organic and different things to try out. (likely not the Nosh food as above)
There are over 160 jobs posted https://www.nosh.com/jobs
It’s a private group for food professionals or foodies. Neil Marquis himself is a Restaurant owner and does catering. The group got started February 2010. Every year host a fundraiser for Project Open Hand.
I subscribe to the DailyNewsLinks@winebusiness.com
News about the wine industry is full of Food Resources for Food Lovers
Is another source or resource to finding work https://www.winebusiness.com/classifieds/winejobs/?ref=wj.com
Custom Sparkling Producer Rack & Riddle Acquires Weibel Family Winery in Lodi
A couple of us were talking about its a great place to go for lunch, last week. (maybe not anymore)
“It is a bittersweet event for me,” Fred Weibel said in a letter to customers and employees. “For nearly 68 years I have lived, worked, and proudly carried on our family tradition. A tradition that started with my grandfather Rudolf Weibel, first in Switzerland, and then since 1935 in the United States.”
Don’t forget the USDA food directories
Their newsletter is better.. https://www.ams.usda.gov/services/local-regional/from-the-ground-up
The grant program is listed here https://www.ams.usda.gov/services/grants
Love to hear what your favorites are.. I will read and answer them as they come. You can find me Reach out, here. Let me know if you would like to read about.