‘Tis the season for sweet treats and baking, we know that the ultimate holiday ingredient is fresh berries! Sweet, juicy, and irresistible—what’s not to love?!
We want to help make spirits berry and bright this holiday season, so we’re giving our most loyal customers (like you!) your next California Giant Berry Farms strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries for FREE!
How about these Herb Rolled Goat Cheese & Blueberry Balls make for an appetizer that works at any occasion. These would go well with warm bread, crostinis, crackers, meats and fruit.
- 3 cups flat parsley leaves
- 20 mint leaves
- 1 cup blueberries
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Finely chop the parsley and mint leaves together and put into a small bowl.
- Stir together goat cheese, lemon zest, salt, and blueberries together until well combined.
- Using your hands, roll goat cheese mixture into golf size balls and set aside.
- Roll each ball in the bowl of chopped herbs until the outside is completely covered.
- Chill goat cheese balls in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, arrange on a platter and drizzle honey over top of each. Serve with pita chips.
Enter their promo contests in December. Plus they have many more recipes to try out.
Part 2 update for Christmas pies…
I’ve looked and spoke to many people about using their kitchen just so I can do some Christmas Baking.. I did find a nice place.. I would need to sign up a years lease.. which at this time I am moving, it would be a long drive.
Quite a few other places wanted to charge me $95.00/ hour – It would have been too much money.. the balance was not many of the church kitchens were certified. It just proves it’s not time yet to relaunch.. or even just bake a few to give away.
‘Tis the Season, it’s a great way to celebrate Giant fruits..
In the meantime, may you have a joyous holiday season! Love to hear what your fav berries are and share you recipe with me.
Enjoy our other recipes.